Friday, January 18, 2013

Beans don't burn on the grill

Well this one is a little late since I intended to get it posted Wednesday evening.  Moving on though, I finally tried red beans and rice this week.  For various reasons I have generally avoided this dish and other foods with beans as a major player for many years.  However, after giving a friend's spin on the dish a try I can only come to the conclusion that I've been wrong for quite a while.  I'm honestly trying to figure why I never tried this warm and comforting dish earlier.  It's mildly spicy, quite flavorful, and I have difficulty believing that anything with andouille could possibly be bad.  Red beans and rice is definitely something I'm going to need to learn how to make, especially during these winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment