Sunday, November 3, 2013

Easy As Pie

During my hiatus from blogging I did manage to get quite a bit of baking done.  Specifically I was on a pie baking streak.  During the summer I baked two peach pies and now wife is believer in what I swear is without a doubt the best summer pie one can ever enjoy.  Last month finally got around to making my first pumpkin pie.  It was alright, but I can think of better uses for a jar of Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter though.  However, for those that really enjoy pumpkin pie I would definitely say give it a go, the recipe is below:

PUMPKIN PIE

  • 1 9–inch pie shell, unbaked (I make my own using this recipe)
  • 3 extra large eggs
  • 1 jar Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter
  • 1½ cups heavy cream
Preheat oven to 450° F Beat eggs until blended then stir in Muirhead Pecan Pumpkin Butter and cream. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° F and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until center is just set. (A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.) Serve at room temperature. Serves 8.

With Thanksgiving about 4-weeks away there will certainly be some more pies coming out of my oven.  I'm pretty sure there will be at least one sweet potato pie, but a nice apple pie could certainly work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment