Wednesday, May 29, 2013

DITC Vol #2 - Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse


I've been back in my crates again and with a Castle of Illusion HD remake announced for this Summer on XBLA, PSN, and the Wii U this seemed like a great choice for my Digging In The Crates series.  I popped this into my Genesis (yep it's still hooked up) and it's just as I remember it.  Castle of Illusion is solid 2D platforming goodness, it is almost difficult to believe that a game that's 23-years old still plays, looks, and sounds this good.  From bopping around the flip flopping toyland to exploring the library, Castle of Illusion is still a whole lot of fun and that's what gaming imho is all about.  Castle of Illusion is even an excellent game to introduce a new generation to gaming and the classics.  My little guy had a lot of fun with Castle of Illusion when he gave it a go.  I hope that the remake does the original some justice, if not though at least I still own the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment