Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Madness of March


As most people know, productivity all around the nation has slowed to a crawl last week as many of us have turned our attention the NCAA Basketball tournament.  As an alum of Virginia Commonwealth University I've had a special interest in the tourney as VCU's program has improved and resulted in several invites to the big dance.  I was really hoping that after an excellent debut in the Atlantic 10 that VCU would be able to make a run like the unbelievable 2011 season.  Although Akron was easily dispatched in the first round the trip was ended in the second round by Michigan.  I didn't expect VCU to walk over Michigan, but I thought they would at least make some baskets as it's really difficult to win a game if you don't score.  Even though the road to the Sweet 16 didn't go through Michigan, VCU still had a great season and I have little doubt that the Rams will back next year.  Even without VCU the tourney is still as exciting as it usually is so I'll follow it until we have a champion, but I'm definitely going to cheer for the smaller programs that are still in the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment