Sunday, February 10, 2013

Can I Challah?

Well 2013 has been here for a little while now and like most people there are a few things I wanted to try in this new year.  One of my goals for this year pertains to one of my favorite hobbies, baking.  I can do cakes, pies, tartes, cookies, rolls, muffins, and all manners of bars from brownies, blondies, and etc.  This year I wanted to add some more advanced items to my baking repertoire, specifically croissants, turnovers, wheat bread, focaccia, palmiers, and challah.  As of yesterday evening, despite some slight technical difficulties, I made my first loaf of challah.  Like most recipes that I've made for the very first time it isn't perfect, I need to work on my braid work and I won't even talk about the butter.  However, the bread is cake like in texture and slightly sweet and that is what I remember most about the challah that I have tried before.  I will definitely be making more loaves of challah as my time and baking resource permit, trying to get this classic bread just right.  Oh yeah, even with my rookie level braid work this challah makes for some awesome french toast.

Challah French Toast











No comments:

Post a Comment